Please see the conference website for the latest information on the 2021 NZES conference.
**7 October announcement from NZES regarding 2021 Conference changes**
Considering the latest COVID disruption, NZES has decided to run this year's conference virtually. This gives our members greater certainty for planning and offers greater inclusivity. It will also ensure we have sufficient time to shape an appealing, interactive virtual experience for conference goers.
Importantly, we would like to acknowledge the time, care and commitment from our Northland colleagues and supporters in developing a uniquely Northland experience that integrated local community and ecological projects. We will continue to work with them to retain this special character in this year's conference. A special thanks to convenors Dai and Olly for your continued mahi and adaptability.
- All abstract submitters will be contacted to re-confirm their involvement.
- Abstract submissions are being re-opened for 2 weeks for those of you who may now be able to present virtually due to the change. Due by Wednesday 20 October.
- The committee will be in touch with all supporters, symposium organisers and invited speakers directly.
- An initial programme for the virtual conference will be shared before the end of October. Please continue to keep the original conference dates pencilled into your calendar (29 Nov-2 Dec)
- Early bird deadline has been updated to 31 October and virtual registration fees will be announced shortly.
What will the virtual experience be like?
You may not be familiar with attending a virtual conference or perhaps have attended one or two. Virtual conference experiences like in-person conferences can vary. Conferences & Events has delivered several types of virtual and hybrid events and is working closely with NZES to shape this one to work well for members. Here's a bit of an overview on what to expect:
- Live sessions chaired by your colleagues
- Live session Q&A and chat
- Sessions available to watch on demand
- All presenters will be required to record their talks and will have an option to present live virtually or have their recording used
- A poster gallery with posters and 1min video introductions
- Options to interact with supporter’s gallery
- Ability to communicate directly with other delegates (text, video or meetings) in the delegate hub
- Networking functions
Further information will follow in the next two weeks to provide certainty to delegates. For those who have pre-booked travel or accommodation, we now recommend you proceed with any cancellations required.
Thank you for your support with this change. We would have loved to see you in Kerikeri and know it would have been a special experience. However, we are also confident that there continues to be interest and value in gathering as a community and we look forward to making our first virtual conference a success.
On behalf of the 2021 organising committee and NZES Council,
Kerry, Beatrice & Drew
Conferences & Events Team