Student Travel Grants - 2021
Applications for student travel grants to attend the 2021 NZ Ecological Society Conference in Kerikeri are now open! Applications for the 2021 travel grants myst be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 3 September 2021. Please contact the awards convenor if you have any questions.
Travel grants can be used towards the costs of conference and field trip fees, travel to and from the conference venue, accommodation, and meals during the course of the conference. The amount awarded to any one individual (to a maximum of NZ$400) will be based on the likely relative travel costs of all applicants. Up to eight travel grants may be awarded each year.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY:
- Applicants must be postgraduate students currently enrolled at a tertiary educational institute, or have been enrolled at a tertiary educational institute in the last six months prior to the date of the conference.
- Priority will be given to those students enrolled at a New Zealand university or enrolled at an overseas institution, but who conducting most of their fieldwork in New Zealand.
- Applicants must have applied to present at either the student day or main conference (poster or oral) OR be involved in the organisation or running of the conference (including the student day and field trips).
- Applicants must not have accepted an NZES student travel grant in the last two years.
- Applicants must be members of the NZES.
Please read the attached information carefully before submitting your application.
Please email your application form and accompanying documentation by Friday 3 September 2021 to student travel grant coodinator James Russell email@example.com.