In the absence of a full national conference, student travel grants will not be offered in 2023. Please contact the awards convenor if you have any questions.
Travel grants can be used towards the costs of conference and field trip fees, travel to and from the conference venue, accommodation, and meals during the course of the conference. The amount awarded to any one individual (to a maximum of NZ$400) will be based on the likely relative travel costs of all applicants. Awards are provided in the form of reimbursements from the Secretariat after conference attendance; attendance at the conference must be proven, for example by making oneself known to the Awards Convenor.
The number of student travel grants to be awarded each year is at the discretion of the council. Student travel grants are supported by the kauri fund.
Students must acknowledge support from NZES in the Acknowledgement sections in the oral and poster presentations.
CRITERIA FOR ELIGIBILITY:
- Applicants must be postgraduate students currently enrolled at a tertiary educational institute, or have been enrolled at a tertiary educational institute in the last six months prior to the date of the conference.
- Priority will be given to those students enrolled at a New Zealand university or enrolled at an overseas institution, but who conducting most of their fieldwork in New Zealand.
- Applicants must have applied to present at either the student day or main conference (poster or oral) OR be involved in the organisation or running of the conference (including the student day and field trips).
- Priority will be given to students who have not received a travel award for either of the two most recent in-person conferences.
- Applicants must be members of the NZES.
- One award is guaranteed for a Māori student.
Applications are ranked based on the following criteria:
- Distance of travel, with preference given to students coming from further away
- Preference is given to students giving oral presentations over posters
Please read the attached information carefully before submitting your application.
Colan Balkwill, Abigail Cunninghame, James Den Uyl, Laura Duntsch, Roseanna Gamlen-Greene, Indira León García, Chris Muller, Haileigh Patterson, Titia Schamhart, Isaar Sharma, Jaynie Yang, Su Min Yeoh
|Student Travel Grant Application Form 2022.docx||104.26 KB|
|Eligibility and application requirements for student travel grants_2022.pdf||296.94 KB|