New Zealand Journal of Ecology (1989) 12: 128- 128
Management of largely intact natural areas
- Department of Conservation, Stewart Island
This paper will seek to discuss:
1) Why manage a natural area?Conclude by emphasizing the essentially long-term commitment of managers and support groups required to ensure maintenance of natural areas.
2) Manage species - area or system?
3) Problem of boundaries - do they exist?
4) Major influences on natural systems together with possible management approaches to limit detrimental effects.