APPLICATIONS OPEN FOR NZIF FOUNDATION 2018 AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS
Applications are invited for the awards and scholarships offered by the NZIF Foundation for 2018. With the addition of The New Zealand Redwood Company Scholarship and the Invercargill City Forests Awards this year, the total value of awards offered is $44,500.
The awards open for application are:
- Two Future Forest Scholarships for post graduate research of up to $10,000 each
- The New Zealand Redwood Company Scholarship of $5,000 for an undergraduate scholarship at the University of Canterbury School Forestry
- Invercargill City Forests Awards of up to $5,000 to assist a resident of Invercargill with forestry related study, research or travel relevant to forests or forestry
- Chavasse Travel Award of up to $3,500 to assist a mid-career person to travel overseas or to bring an overseas person to NZ
- Jon Dey memorial award of up to $3,500 to assist research projects in the areas of work study or new technology aimed at improving forest engineering and harvest productivity
- Otago Southland Award of up to $3,000 to assist a project of relevance to forestry in the Otago/Southland region
- Mary Sutherland Scholarship of $1,000 for a polytechnic student
- University Undergraduate Scholarship of $1,000
- Frank Hutchinson Postgraduate scholarship of $1,000
- Student Poster prize at NZIF Conference (1st, 2nd and 3rd prizes of $800, $500 and $200)
Applications are now open. Further details on the Foundation web page available through www.nzif.org.nz, (link on right hand side of page)
Applications must be received by the Foundation administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 5pm on Wednesday 20th June 2018. The awards will be announced at the Awards Dinner of the NZ Institute of Forestry Conference in Nelson on Tuesday 10th July 2018. For details of the conference see www.nzif.org.nz.
Enquires to the Foundation chair email@example.com or phone +64 274 733 262
Please pass on this notice to your networks and to anyone you think may be eligible to apply. Membership of NZIF is not a requirement for application.
About the NZIF Foundation
The NZIF Foundation was established in 2011 by the NZ Institute of Forestry to advance education in relation to forestry. This includes encouraging and supporting forestry related research, education and training through the provision of grants, scholarships and prizes; promoting the acquisition, development and dissemination of forestry related knowledge and information and other activities that do not conflict with the charitable purpose. For the purposes of these awards forestry is broadly defined to include all those activities involved in the management and use of forests and their products, the objects of which are the production of wood or other forest benefits and the maintenance of the environment in its most beneficial form. All forests in New Zealand, whatever their purpose, are encompassed in the definition.