We are looking for an Administrator with great attention to detail, fabulous time management skills and a 'can do' attitude to enable the smooth running of our Banding Office and Research Labs. You will be working with the Strategy Manager and the Banding Officer to provide effective technical support across the Terrestrial Science Unit.
The ideal applicant will have:
- Evidence of using initiative and independent judgement to deal with critical tasks
- Previous experience in a customer-facing role with a strong customer-service ethic
- Able to plan and organise work and resources across work streams and meet timeframes
- Good influencing skills and a collaborative approach to work
- Evidence of good writing, editing and oral communication skills
- Has an understanding of the work of the Department and how it contributes to New Zealand's future sustainability
- A certified bird bander and/or evidence of training or certification in health and safety practice would be advantageous
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a Unit working to a new operating model that will see an increased focus on delivering ambitious conservation outcomes. This role will provide an integrated professional service internal and external to the Department.
This is a Wellington based role but we are open to flexible working options.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand is mandatory, including a valid work visa covering the whole period of employment if applying internationally.
Please apply online at the DOC Careers Centre. Applications must include a CV and cover-letter explaining your suitability and interest in the role.
To learn more about this role, please review the role description. Enquiries about the position can be directed to Fathima Iftikar, Strategy Manager at email@example.com
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 20 May 2019.