Ma tau rourou, ma taku rourou, ka ora te iwi (with your contribution and my contribution the people will prosper)
- Do you like meeting people and building lasting relationships to achieve a common goal?
- Are you creative and like to see those ideas come to life?
- Are you keen to help improve New Zealand's biosecurity system?
Mō tō mātou rōpū - About the Team
The Biosecurity Surveillance and Incursion Investigation Group is looking for a Senior Adviser - Biosecurity Engagement with experience in stakeholder engagement/outreach programmes and/or behaviour change initiatives to join our Aquatic and Environment Health team. General Surveillance is the ‘eyes and ears' of New Zealand's biosecurity system and is critical for achieving early notification of suspected new to New Zealand pests and diseases. The earlier that pests and diseases are reported to MPI, the easier it is to do something about it.
This role can be based in Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch.
Kōrero mō te tūranga - About the Role
In this role you will:
- Undertake active engagement with a focus on Māori stakeholder
- Build internal and external relationships
- Create innovative pilot activities aimed at improving Biosecurity
- Incorporate mātauranga Māori into our surveillance activities
- Help develop and operationalise the General Surveillance Engagement Programme
Mōu - About You
- Someone with a passion to create and implement ideas
- Someone who enjoys working collaboratively with tangata whenua to achieve successful outcomes
- Someone with strong relationship building skills with various stakeholders and networks
- Candidate who can maintain positive working relationships through face to face engagement
- Someone who can support the General Surveillance Engagement Programme
- Experience in collaborating with and influencing others, including tangata whenua, to achieve results
- Knowledge and use of mātauranga Māori
- A high level of self-motivation and ability to proactively seek opportunities
- Familiarity with New Zealand's Primary Industries and Biosecurity System
You will be a team player with excellent communication skills, motivation, initiative, and sound judgment with an ability to think outside of the square. You will also have the flexibility to work in an ever-changing environment.
Me pēhea te tuku tono - How to Apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role please click "APPLY FOR THIS JOB" or visit the MPI Careers Site. For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online careers portal.
To apply for this role you must hold the right to work in New Zealand or be eligible to obtain it - click here to find out more about work visa eligibility and options.
The closing date Sunday 7th March 2021
If you have any questions about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org