Due to a strong work outlook and some exciting projects on the horizon, we are looking for more capable hands to join our growing Ecology team. We have the following opportunities available for consultants to join our Auckland/Whangarei team:
- Ecologist with specialist skills in Freshwater Ecology
- Ecologist with specialist skills in Herpetology
- Ecologist with specialist skills in Botany
Working collaboratively alongside our increasingly diverse portfolio of clients, stakeholders, and our multi-disciplinary project teams, you’ll be working towards Boffa Miskell’s core purpose: together, shaping better places. These roles will have a mix of office-based responsibilities and field work; time away from the local office will be required.
We are looking for ecologists that uphold ethics and professional standards, along with the following:
- Masters or PhD qualifications in Ecology, or a closely related biological sciences field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in one of the specialised areas of ecology mentioned above.
- The ability to be thorough with data analysis, assessments, and report preparation, including experience writing Stream Ecological Valuations (Freshwater role) and Ecological Impact Assessments.
- Strong fieldwork skills and experience working in remote, back country sites and in difficult terrain and conditions.
- Confidence and experience to make decisions while out in the field without supervision.
- Experience handling a variety of lizard and/or frog species (Herpetology role) and associated survey methods.
- Excellent communication skills to enable you to work and liaise with colleagues, external consultants, contractors, landowners, and clients.
- The ability to effectively prioritise, allocate and manage time and resources, working as part of a team, as well as independently when required.
- An understanding of risk management principles and their application (including Health and Safety best practice).
- A current and full New Zealand drivers’ licence
What does it feel like to be part of the Boffa Miskell whanau? You’ll be joining a well-established, highly respected, entirely employee owned-company. You’ll be supported by some of the best in the industry and working alongside some incredibly influential professionals. While we work hard, we also have fun along the way, including our company wide 50th birthday celebration which is taking place later in the year.
Our people are incredibly important to us, and we’re committed to providing a balance between work, family, and personal life. Our Mahi Kōkēi initiative enables our team to have greater flexibility around working remotely, while also providing the technology to make this happen. We offer ongoing opportunities for professional and personal development to ensure our people can excel and grow, along with a clear career pathway for our consultants, which includes the opportunity to own shares in the company at senior levels.
These are exciting opportunities to take a step up in your career and help ensure that great ecological outcomes are achieved throughout Aotearoa. If we’ve piqued your interest and you’re thinking about a change for the better, let’s have a korero. Please email your CV and cover letter through to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Jo on 07 571 5666. We like to consider applications as they are received, so encourage you to get in touch with us as soon as possible.
Boffa Miskell’s COVID-19 vaccination policy was recently suspended. We may reintroduce this policy in the future, and/or introduce other measures to manage a significant outbreak. Many of our client and project sites still have vaccination requirements in place, and where vaccination is likely to be a requirement for a role, we will discuss this with short-listed candidates.